DUE TO THE LATEST ORDER FROM THE PUBLIC HEALTH DIRECTOR AND THE GOVERNOR OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA (JULY 13, 2020), GRANITE ARCH IS ONCE AGAIN FORCED TO CLOSE.
PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION.
If your group has an urge to be nocturnal, then gather everyone together and book the night at Granite Arch. Overnighters (a.k.a. a lock-ins) are ideal for scout troops, church youth groups or school groups. You will have exclusive use of Granite Arch after we close all the way through the wee hours of the night until the sun comes back up again the next morning.
To get things rolling your group will start their all night adventure working and playing their way through one of our signature obstacle courses. While the kids are occupied climbing over, under and through things, the chaperones will be busy learning how to tie climbing knots and how to belay. When the kids emerge from completing their challenges in Adventure Village, let the climbing begin. The remainder of the night will be filled with a mixture of climbing and games guaranteed to leave everyone craving a nap the following afternoon–our staff included.
- RESERVATION REQUIRED; call 916-852-ROCK (7625) for pricing and available dates.
- Arrive at 9:00 pm and depart by 9:00 am the following morning.
- The belay class is free for the adult chaperones and anyone else over the age of 14.
- Dress appropriately for the season. Many of our overnighters occur during the winter months and it can get a bit chilly at Granite Arch. Wear comfortable shoes suitable for all activities (sandals and flip-flops are not considered suitable–comfortable, yes, but definitely not suitable for Granite Arch activities). Climbing shoes are available to rent, although not necessary to have a great experience.
- Bring your own food (you’ll need the energy).
- Bring your sleeping bag, just in case you need a little shut-eye before departing.
- Granite Arch does not provide helmets. If anyone in your group wishes to wear a helmet, they must provide your own.
- Waivers required for all participants and chaperones. PLEASE NOTE: if any one participating is under the age of 18, their waiver MUST BE SIGNED BY THEIR PARENT OR COURT APPOINTED LEGAL GUARDIAN. SORRY, THE LEGAL GUYS SAY THERE CAN BE NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS REQUIREMENT.
- $900.00 minimum charge for up to 30 participants (excluding chaperones); cost for additional participants after initial 30 at $25.00 each.
- 50% non-refundable deposit required at time of reservation.