Tier Restrictions Lifted
If you and your group are looking to get the feel for what climbing is all about without having to deal with ropes and heights, perhaps a self-managed bouldering session will satisfy your curiosity and your desire to get off the ground. Doing a self-managed bouldering group is one of the most economical ways for groups to experience climbing at Granite Arch.
Simply put, bouldering is climbing on walls without the use of ropes. Granite Arch has an extensive array of walls designed and dedicated specifically for bouldering only. They look and feel just like our high climbing walls, except they are not as tall and you won’t see any ropes hanging from the top; our highest bouldering wall is about twelve feet high.
Upon your arrival at Granite Arch you and your group will be given an overview and orientation to bouldering at Granite Arch by one of our staff members. Although bouldering is simple in nature, there are some important things for you to be aware of that will help protect your group and others around them, and to ensure everyone’s experience is positive and enjoyable.
- ADVANCE RESERVATION REQUIRED: call 916-852-ROCK(7625) for available dates & times
- Start times for self-managed bouldering groups:
Monday through Thursday: 11:30, 1:30, 3:30, 5:30 or 7:30
Friday & Saturday: 11:30, 1:30 or 3:30 only
Sunday: 12:30 or 2:30
- Length of bouldering time: 2 hours
- Price: $6.00/climber-participant on weekdays; $8.00/climber-participant on Saturday or Sunday
- Party area is not available for self-managed bouldering groups.
- Group size: minimum 10 climbers; maximum 20 climbers (larger groups may be able to be accommodated at certain times; contact us to discuss the possibilities)
- $25.00 non-refundable deposit required at time of booking.
- All participants should wear comfortable clothes (i.e. loose fitting so as to not restrict movement) and shoes (i.e. “tennis” or athletic style footwear is best). Please note: climbing shoes are not included in the above pricing. If anyone in your group wishes to rent climbing shoes the cost is $6.00/pair.
- Granite Arch does not provide helmets. If anyone in your group wishes to wear a helmet, they must provide your own.
- WAIVERS required for all climbers/participants. PLEASE NOTE: if any one participating is under the age of 18, their waiver MUST BE SIGNED BY THEIR PARENT OR COURT APPOINTED LEGAL GUARDIAN. SORRY, THE LEGAL GUYS SAY THERE CAN BE NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS REQUIREMENT.