Granite Arch re-opened March 19, 2021
Although parents and leaders of most groups prefer to have Granite Arch staff do the belaying and lead their group, you and your team of leaders may feel competent and inspired to want to learn how to belay and then direct your group during their time at Granite Arch. Keep in mind, however, there are certain requirements and restrictions that apply to self-managed climbing groups (see below under details).
- ADVANCE RESERVATION REQUIRED: call 916-852-ROCK(7625) for available dates & times
- Start times for self-managed groups: Mon.-Sat. 1:00, 3:00 or 5:00; Sun. 1:00 or 3:00
- Length of climbing time: 2 hours
- Price: $13.00/climber-participant; $7.00 for those who are belaying only.
- INFORMATION FOR ALL BELAYERS: Unless you are already certified to belay at Granite Arch, everyone belaying must take a belay class. Belay class costs $5.00 per belayer (this is a “group” price) and begins one hour prior to your scheduled start time. You can also make arrangements to come on another day prior to your scheduled event to complete the class. All belayers must be at least 14 years old to take the class.
- Party area is available for self-managed group use for Monday-Saturday reservations only and must be reserved at the time of your group’s reservation booking. Additional cost for party area use is $30.00. Party area will be available for your group one hour after your start time until one hour after your two hours of climbing.
- Equipment: Harnesses for each climber and belayer and belay devices (for belayers only) are included; Please note: climbing shoes are not included in the above pricing. If anyone in your group wishes to rent climbing shoes the cost is $6.00/pair.
- Group size: minimum 6 climbers plus up to 2 belayers (total 8); maximum group size is 20 (includes both climbers and belayers)
- $50.00 non-refundable deposit required at time of booking.
- All participants should wear comfortable clothes (i.e. loose fitting so as to not restrict movement) and shoes (i.e. “tennis” or athletic style footwear is best).
- Granite Arch does not provide helmets. If anyone in your group wishes to wear a helmet, they must provide your own.
- WAIVERS required for all climbers/participants. PLEASE NOTE: if any one participating is under the age of 18, their waiver MUST BE SIGNED BY THEIR PARENT OR COURT APPOINTED LEGAL GUARDIAN. SORRY, THE LEGAL GUYS SAY THERE CAN BE NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS REQUIREMENT.